Most towns require an updated survey to fileĀ for a permit. The town will be able to see all of the existing structures on your property and will require you file for those additional structures that do not have a building permit.


If your structures to be legalized do not have the proper zoning requirements or setback, the town will require you to go for a variance. The variance process can take anywhere from a few months to a year and can also be costly.


Depending on what needs to be legalized, your project may require drawings done by a licensed architect. Long Island Perfect Permits can provide this service.


Know ahead of time! Call us for a FREE CONSULTATION to find out what the town has on file and what C/O’s you may need.